As we head into an uncertain economic climate, it’s more important than ever to have a lean, mean marketing machine. But where do you start when it comes to trimming the fat?
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the areas where you can make cuts without sacrificing results.
- Cut down on paid ads that aren’t performing.
- Refocus your content marketing strategy around quality over quantity.
- Make sure your website is optimized for SEO.
- Trim your social media spend by focusing on one or two platforms instead of trying to be everywhere at once.
- Review your martech stack and ditch any tools that aren’t pulling their weight.
- Streamline your sales and marketing processes with automation.
- Have team members audit their work and provide recommendations and solutions.
- Reduce your overhead costs by outsourcing or insourcing certain tasks or functions.
- Scale back on events and trade shows (or get creative and move them online).
- Review your budget and make cuts wherever possible and get creative!
Marketing during a recession doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom–with a little bit of creativity and careful planning, you can still come out on top! By making some strategic cuts now, you can set your company up for success when the economy slows down. So don’t wait – start trimming the fat from your marketing strategy today!